Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year, New Everything...

Happy New Year!

This Christmas break has been rejuvenating, yet stressful, and coming to an end faster than I realize. It's 2010, the year I graduate! Now that it's here, everything in my life is going to change...

This Christmas season has caused me to have a few breakdowns, or maybe should have but didn't. Like the first blow; leaving Northwestern College, my home for the past 3 1/2 years. I haven't had a good cry about it yet, but I miss my friends so much! I'm restless knowing that most of them will be heading back to school next week. I'll feel like I've done something wrong, that I'm in the wrong place and missing out. But by then I will be doing more to get ready for Chicago.

I haven't been able to do much prep for Chicago because of my second stressor; sinus surgery! Now that I'm almost fully recovered, I know it was the right thing to do. I had a deviated septum repaired and my sinuses cleared of any potentially infectious tissues. Having this done means I can breathe through my nose (miracles of miracles!) and, hopefully, I won't get as many sinus infections that I seem to develop every time I get sick. Annoying! The surgery itself was pretty harsh on my tender sinuses but the recovery time has been quick and I seem to be healing well. Making myself sit and not do anything after surgery was rejuvenating, but it's difficult to do nothing, as odd as that sounds.

However, all this recovery time has cut my time to get things ready for Chicago less than what I anticipated. So that's my last stressor; so little time, so much to do, I want to spend my days with you (it's a song...just go with it haha, My Motto: there's a song for everything :)

Prayer Needed!
  • That I would be able to get my head in the game and get my room and Chicago stuff organized, find my interview suit and not go future-tripping and have a melt-down.
  • Trust in the Lord with All your heart; way easier said than done, but absolutely necessary!

Praises!
  • Great Christmas and New Years (probably one of the best because of minimal gifts and quality time with my parents and sister)
  • Helping with Preschool and the blessings of loving those precious children
  • Gaining a realistic perspective on expenses vs. income (because I had a pessimistic view on that)
  • Spending more time reading than watching TV! I've been borrowing books from the library that are due in a week to movtivate me to read them. It's been really fun!
  • Praise that God does things for us even when we're not paying attention! I got a wake-up call, so to speak, when I was really worn down last Sunday at church. A friend gave me a much needed hug and I believe it was from her and the Lord :)

Theme of the week: Carpe Diem! Seize the Day! To motivate me to get things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment